Search This Blog

28 Jan 2012

Fourth day in Pushkar

Today is my fourth day in this strange little town.  I was going to leave today but felt like a longer rest.  I spend my mornings wandering by the lake looking for the sun.  I have located a network of little rooftop cafes with wi-fi so I can do a bit of surfing and hotel booking.  Yesterday I made the major decision to book my hotel in Johdpur, thereby forcing myself to move on.  This place is getting to be addictive.
I did the one day camel safari as a taster for a longer trip next week.  They picked me up, took me for a wander through the surrounding fields and orchards and on to a village.  All very pleasant with the camel gently swaying along.  At the village I got the sales pitch for longer trips, up to six days if you want but I declined.  It would have been just me and a camel driver stuck in the desert alone for six days.  What would we talk about?  I'll try to fix up a shorter one with other people.
I went up the local hill with a temple on top and got a good if hazy view of the town, it's lake and the surrounding countryside.  And I've read another book.  Sitting on the roof of my little hotel in the afternoon with it on my lap, dozing off from time to time.  And that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment