Search This Blog

25 Oct 2010

Outside in the cool evening breeze

Whilst there's no internet in the flat yet I still needed my online fix tonight but didn't really want to traipse to the Vien Dong and buy a drink so I could use their free WiFi.  Rather than that I have slipped downstairs to the garden area between my block and the next and parked myself on a bench.  There's a breeze this evening and all the little kids have packed up their footballs and bikes and are in bed ( or watching tv and playing computer games more probably ).

I've picked up an open internet connection, maybe coming from one of the cafes on Nguyen Van Linh ( the main road on the other side of my building ) and am happily surfing.  I've sent an email, had a quick read or the Guardian and done this update.  For some mysterious reason blogging tonight appears not to be censored.

Now it's time for a nightcap before bed.  There's very cheap and nasty Hanoi vodka to finish and a little bit of Bacardi, my new spirit of choice, delicious with squirts of fresh lime juice and a splash of Sprite. And more good news, I've been paid today and had all my visa expenses reimbursed too so I'm rich.  ( well by Vietnamese standards anyway )

1 comment:

  1. aborigine@ukonline.co.uk27 October 2010 at 03:28

    Hi Steve
    tricky to post to this blog... maybe this will work. You don't mention your job much - who (and what) are you teaching?
    kate (sewing machine)

    ReplyDelete