Search This Blog

23 Oct 2010

1F-67, where I live

Today I moved into my new apartment. I'm in block 1F on floor 7 and in apartment 6 so I've been categorised and sorted and slotted in with thousands of other people. I'm in a tiny part of the enormous Sky Gardens complex of towers marching north from my block from Sky Gardens I, Sky Gardens II and , yes , Sky Gardens III. They are tall, pale cream and uniform.

I have two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a big, open plan kitchen/dining/living space all to my self. Its all heavy brown furniture and white walls, a rectilinear Jersey cow look that may not be to all tastes and is probably not to mine really. I love the space and the openness of it and the otherness of it too. This is not like back home. One of the bedrooms has a walk-in wardrobe area which is mad as I have 4 pairs of trousers, five shirts and about 6 pairs of socks. They will be lost in the vastness of the cupboards and I'll spend hours every morning looking for something to wear.


I have a choice of bathrooms both equipped with toilet, sink, mirror and shower. I have a kitchen with lines of cupboards, all empty, and a small,balcony fit only for a washing machine and a clothes rack. Sadly, lounging on a terrace with an after-work cocktail is beyond my budget but, as I'm not that sure about heights, sitting by the window in the living area suits me just fine.

I love the uniformity of the Sky Gardens blocks and the repetition of the shapes. There are grassy sitting areas around all the blocks and a long walkway through the middle lined with estate agents and small shops.  In the evenings the local families parade up and down clutching their kids, cooling off a bit after a hot day.  Underneath all the buildings there is parking for cars and motorbikes. Its a few minutes from work and even less to the restaurants and bars of Phu My Hung. I think its going to be a good place to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment