Search This Blog

20 Oct 2010

the mysteries of the internet

After days of struggling to post my purely innocuous comments on my blog I have come to conclusion that a virtual something is standing between me, sitting in my room, and the host of my blog.  Am I paranoid about censorship and blocked access?  I can update from most internet cafes but not from home or the university.  Is there a Great Firewall of Vietnam?  I don't know but I'm now going through some flaky free proxy server which is producing results and, although it isn't perfect, it keeps me going until I find out what the problem is.

And almost the next day I read this..........  so I'm off to buy a reliable proxy server and I'll be able to blog, watch the iplayer and listen to Spotify too.


Blogging at ........http://hochiminhandme.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. It's equally possible your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is policing certain websites. If not your ISP, possibly the web administrator of the University or hotel have placed certain restrictions on Internet users.

    ReplyDelete