Search This Blog

3 Nov 2010

I've got the BBC!!

Finally I've got the internet at home.  My lovely estate agent arranged it and it's up and running but it's so slow.  Not only is it slow but a lot of sites, like BBC iplayer and Spotify, don't work if you are not in England so I've invested in a proxy.  BBC radio has been blocked by censors and quite rightly in my view.  There is nothing so subversive and a threat to social order as middle class outrage as expressed on Radio 4. But now I can go through the proxy and listen to their grumpy moaning as often as I like.

Now I'm more plugged in to UK media I found this video clip which  made me think of home.  This guy has been painting on chewing gum in and around Muswell Hill for a few years now.  Watch the clip as he talks about his work whilst lying on the pavement outside Muswell Hill library.  It made me feel quite homesick for a second or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment