Search This Blog

31 Dec 2010

New Year's Eve Comes Early

I'm 7 hours ahead of the UK so I get to celebrate early except that enforced jollity it not really my thing.  Also I'm English and we don't really do New Year.  Putting those things aside for a moment, I am about to go out to meet some friends and see in the New Year but quite gently as I'm off to a fancy beach resort tomorrow for a long weekend of eating fish, swimming in the sea and swinging in a hammock.

New Year is supposed to be at time of reflection as well as getting drunk and for me there's a lot to look back on and think about.  The last decade has seen huge changes for me. It started with a move to Spain, then back to England and then China. That was followed by a year at the university of Westminster where I met some truly  inspiring people and now in Vietnam.  I just hope the next ten years will be some stimulating and demanding and different from the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment